Starting Off

| Friday, March 27, 2009


I was thinking of starting a blog to keep track of the random stuff I cook in the dorm room. My roommate and I are both over weight and we decided to start losing some of the pounds at the beginning of this semester. I started out at 331 and he started out at around 264 I believe. So far I'm down to 299 and he is down to 229.

The way we accomplished this is by buying a George Foreman grill and making smarter decisions at the grocery store. All semester we have been grilling and microwaving in order to avoid the plethora of fast food surrounding us.

I would say most of the recipes are pretty common and not very special, aside from the fact that we use a microwave and a GF grill to make it. So the recipes might not be very original, more of an inspiration for what you can do with a very small assortment of cooking tools.

NOTES
If you DO have a kitchen in your dorm/apartment, you really don't have to use a George Foreman grill for any of my recipes. You can definitely just cook it in a pot/pan. The only benefit of the GF grill is that when I cook fatty meats, all the grease/fat will drain off. But it definitely isn't as flexible as a pot or pan and I would much rather use that if I had the option.

Anyways, My next post will contain my first recipe that I'm going to make tonight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Statcounter