Spaghetti with Sausage

| Sunday, March 29, 2009

Ingredients:
-1/2 lb of spaghetti
-your favorite Ragu Pasta Sauce
-fresh Italian sausage
-salt and pepper

(makes one hefty or two normal servings)


My recommendations for ingredients:
-1/2 lb of whole wheat spaghetti
-Ragu Robusto Parmesan & Romano Pasta Sauce
-fresh Hot Italian Sausage

Step 1: Take your 1/2 lbs of spaghetti put them in a tupperware dish. Cover them completely with water and set in the microwave. I always either put a paper plate or paper towels underneath the tupperware because the water does tend to boil over the top from time to time. For 1/2 lbs of pasta I usually set the microwave to 14 minutes on high.

Step 2: For some reason it seems that everytime I cook pasta in the microwave I end up with the tupperware being covered in some kind of sticky substance. I'm not really sure what it is, but I'm thinking its some weird by product of the starch being cooked by the microwave. Don't worry though, I usually just run water over the pasta and put it either in a new tupperware dish or a microwavable bowl.

Step 3: Take one or two links of sausage from your package and take a fork or knife to poke holes in the casing of each sausage. This will allow a lot of the grease to come out when cooking. Throw them on the already heated George Foreman grill and allow to cook thoroughly for around 8-10 minutes. Your sausage might be a little crispy on the sides that are touching the grill, so if you have the time you can grill them for probably around 20 minutes or so without putting the top of the grill down. I really don't mind the crispiness though and I usually just go for the quicker route.

Alternative Step 3: If you don't have a George Foreman grill you can always get precooked sausage instead. I don't mean hot dogs either, look at a package of any kind of sausage and if it is precooked then it will state it on the label. This just means that the sausage is already cooked and it really only needs to be heated up in order to eat. So all you have to do for step three is take out a link or two of sausage and pop it in the microwave for 3-4 minutes. I would definitely poke holes in the sausage here as well. I know a microwave cooks things from the inside out, so you don't want any exploding sausages on your hands.

Step 4: Once the sausage is done grilling I usually take it out and cut it up into quarter inch pieces and throw it on top of the pasta. I then put about a cup of the pasta sauce and pour that on top of the spaghetti and sausage.

Step 5: Stir everything up together and put it back in the microwave for about a minute. This will allow the sauce to heat up and also pick up some flavor for the sausage.

Step 6: You can cover with some Parmesan cheese if you have any, though it's not necessary.

Enjoy!

1 comments:

D said...
March 30, 2009 at 9:43 AM

nom nom nom. sounds good.

Post a Comment

Statcounter